HR Business Partner (Director)
In a nutshell:
IDEO Shanghai is searching for an HR Business Partner interested in an HR opportunity where you’ll partner with senior leadership to create meaningful employee career journeys, shape strong employee engagement, develop impactful people development programs, and drive a robust human capital operation infrastructure for the studio.
We are looking for a value-led individual who is patient, optimistic, and a creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will represent IDEO in a collaborative and professional manner, both internally and externally. Flexibility, curiosity, and strategically-mindedness are key, given the dynamic nature of the role and the studio.
Why is this role important for IDEO’s work?
IDEO Shanghai is helping to lead the way for what cutting-edge work looks like for IDEO. They are also located in one of the world's most complex and dynamic markets. Putting these two things together makes our work an exciting and rewarding opportunity for talents who are ambitious to make a difference and accelerate personal growth through their work. As Talent is at the center of our business, the HR Business Partner is a critical pillar in IDEO’s strategy and success in China. He/She/They will be designing and shaping the experience of IDEOers at all levels of the organization—from brand-new talents to leadership; and will be part of pushing and evolving the culture and legacy of a world-class creative and innovative organization that’s like no other.
IDEO is a creative and dynamic community filled with individuals that love what they do and are committed to helping others be successful. Our Talent processes and approach are not one-size-fits-all. Finding the right people to add to our team and helping them succeed in their careers is a creative challenge — a human-centered one.
Once here you will:
Provide Talent Leadership
- Work closely with leaders and employees to align, propose and execute talent strategy to support business needs.
- Continuously evaluate, design and evolve our organization design and shape to support business needs.
- Lead and develop the Talent team; promote professional growth; set objectives for the team and guide them through the process.
- Facilitate change management initiatives and communications among employees for any key structural changes, new HR initiatives or projects.
Oversee HR Operation
- Oversee people-related processes, operations, and solutions, including but not limited to talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, employee experience/relations, learning and development, employment branding, talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, and compliance.
- Manage the benefit programs and benefits education for Shanghai, including health benefits, general training, additional wellness programs, perk programs, etc.
- Work closely with the Regional Head of People, Location Leadership, and our Global Talent Team to refine compensation philosophy, compensation bands, and benchmarking as well as administer merit-based increases for the location.
- Work closely with talent team and leadership, drive an effective hiring strategy and system to ensure a sustainable talent pipeline that meets the ever-changing market needs. Overseeing onboarding, offboarding, terminations, and employee leave of the location and ensuring all systems supporting such processes are operating at a high level.
- Work with internal teams and external mobility partners to ensure a world-class and seamless experience for our employees, relocating as new hires, internal transfers, interns, extended business travel, and temporary assignments.
- Develop good working relationships with external and internal stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships, including various government and non-government agencies that work with and/or support the company.
Lead Employee Engagement & Talent Management
- Act as the first point of contact for People-related concerns for all employees. Be a confidential and welcoming resource and develop strong relationships.
- Oversee the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews and evaluations.
Lead People Development
- Identify people development needs on both individual and organizational levels, provide recommendations, and drive implementation.
- Work with the location leadership team and global talent team to co-develop / evolve learning & development programs that supports employee growth and advancement
What does IDEO offer you?
IDEO is a place unlike any other. It’s a place where you can solve complex challenges for our clients or the organization, alongside thoughtful individuals who lead with curiosity, empathy, and optimism. Sure we work hard, but we also craft moments that allow our community to pause, create, and connect. We encourage our community to bring their whole selves to work, respect the need for work-life balance, and allow for autonomy in the design process and your career.
- 10-15 years of experience, preferably in an HRBP role. Experience in start-ups and the creative industry with a self-directed culture will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of employee relations, learning and development, talent performance management, organizational development, talent acquisition, and employee engagement is required.
- Experience building, leading and developing teams or organizational design
- Experience leading strategic initiatives involving complex stakeholder management
- High EQ with the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated strong skills in collaboration, co-creation and communication in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making with leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion while handling challenging conversations.
- Exceptionally organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize.
- Experience and interest in working in a creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both internal and external capacities, preferably in both English and Chinese.
Application requirements and instructions:
Please apply online by uploading your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are a good fit for this role.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IDEO is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.